Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endo and back pain NEED HELP!
veronicakelly posted:
I found out i had endo when i was 17 and from there i was put on birth control to extend my time inbetween periods. I only have a period every 8-9 weeks and it was like that for 5 years. In september of 2010, I decided to get off my bc for a few months to see what things would be life and about a month or two after i started getting bad lower back pain. I got back on my pill in feb of 2011 but didnt go right back into periods every 2 months. I tried monthly at first and then extented it. My period came and hurt like hell so i went back to the monthly thing for a while untill august when I saw my gyno and she suggested I try to go every 2 months. so i did and have been since then. The back pain has never gone away. it gets worse if i spot or have a period. it feels like im arching my lower back even when im not. its like someone carved out my lower back and im supportin all my weight on it. Ive gone to a orthopedic doctor and they really didnt find anything wrong. so im wanting to know if anyone has exsperienced anything like this and if they found out what the cause was. the pain is horrible and im only out of pain if i take lor tabs or tremadols. nothing else at all helps.

brandib01 responded:
hello. sorry for your pain but welcome.

i was diagnosed 2009 but suspect i had it from the beginning i just thought it was "normal" .. but i have always had the worst back pain.

it is constant but much worse around AF time. the only thing i have found that helps is warm baths and the heat patchjes that you can stick in a specific area slapped right on the lower back.

i did go to a chiropractor for a while and although it did help it was very inconvenient to go twice a week every week.
i also suggest if you can to get a professional massage maybe a few days before you know AF is coming to lossen some of the tension.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea when I had my first period at age 11 years old. Four years ago, I was diagnosed with endometrios...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.