Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
surgery and lupron.
veronicakelly posted:
so after having severe back pain for over a year and going to an orthopedic doc and finding nothing wrong, i now am having scope surgery in a week n a half. I, like everyone else have already been through this surgery to determine if i had endo in the first place, but that was 7 years ago. this time, due to the back pain, they plan on lazoring what they find, which they didnt do the first time. im so scared of becoming infertile. ive read stories about women going in for the surgery and their overies being destoyed and having to be removed. im only 24, with no children, but i want them one day. im terrified of what theyll find and how bad it might be. theres also a good chance ill be put on lupron afterwards and that scares me since im already emotional and prone to anixety and depression. it feels kinda hopeless and no one around me understands. its scary and i feel like i have no control over my body. Menopause at 24 is going to be difficult, but i know im not alone. just need some support and some hopefull thoughts. someone please tell me im not gonna wind up infertile at 24 and that lupron isnt going to be the death of me

brandib01 responded:
am very sorry you are having a hard time.

i know exactly how you feel. my very first surgery at 25 yrs old they removed half my right ovary because of a large endometrioma. however they were thinking they would have to remove the whole thing my next surgery and i was stressed just like you but i made it very very very clear that i did not want it removed unless absolutely positivly necessary.

also it help to go to a reproductive endocronologist because their main priority is fertility. they will be the ones who try the hardest"in my experience" to help. especially at your age.

and don' let endo scare you with babies it is not a ""NO BABY" stamp. i was told that my husband and myself would not have kids because i was sever stage IV endo with fused organs uincluding my ovaries and my son is 4 months old now. it took awhile as you can see i am 28 now but it happens and their are 3 other girls that were on this board that are expecting and week now..and alot who already have children.

as far as the lupron i would say check all other options first. birth control and things of that nature.
i did 2 rounds before i found out i was pg and it wasn't tooo bad. it wasn't a walk in the park and i did better than a few other women who went on it but we always suggest it as a last resort. and you can ask your doctor if you do go on it about addback therapy for the depression and mood swings. it is def not a stand alone drug.

sorry for the book if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. and my email addy is in my bio if there is something you want to ask off site. i will be more than happy to help
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey everyone, my names Susan.I live in the South Jersey area and i am 21 years old and had endo pain since i was a preteen. I was diagnosed with endo ...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.