Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Lupron and Periods
Anon_9709 posted:
So I finished Lupron injections in September, last week I started spotting, it has been very weird. It was very light and wouldn't last all day, it would come and go. This week it is a little heavier with some clots. Lots of cramping. It has been just over a week of this, has anyone experienced anything like this after Lupron? Should I be concerned? I actually thought I was pregnant until this happened, because I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms. Just confused

brandib01 responded:
have you taken a pregnancy test yet?

if not i would. (if you have had unprotected sex) you can still get pregnant on lupron. i have known several women including myself to get pg while on it.

if not since lupron puts you body into a pseudo menopause state it can take awhile for your system to get back into the grrove.

if it become regularly irregular (ha ha) ui would see your doctor. or if you just feel something i wrong see your doctor.

you know your body and if you feel something is off it can't hurt to make an appointment
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Anon_9709 replied to brandib01's response:
Definately my period, I bled so bad yesterday, I had to leave work cuz I bled through everything, really scary. My doctor put me on a pain killer now I'm to monitor the bleeding, it hurts so bad

brandib01 replied to Anon_9709's response:
coming off of lupron can be bad.

as long as they are checking you to make sure you do not have or develope anemia pain killers is about the most help they will give.

has your doc. mentioned starting you on birth control to help.

that is another way to help control and regulate you back out since it throws everything off.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

kara--- TTC for 3 years now with no results :( diagnosed with endo 04-10 getting ready to try our first round of IVF this month, many mixed emotions r...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.