Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Pregnancy success with IUI? IVF?
Shanikin posted:
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, things have been kind of crazy lately.

My husband and I took the giant step yesterday and met with a reprodcutive endocrinologist. It was bitter sweet, but in short she said with the severity of my endometriosis she was pushing us towards going directly to IVF treatments as opposed to some of the other treatments out there.

IVF is significantly more expensive than IUI, and I was just hoping I could get some thoughts on this...? Anyone else told the same thing but opted for the IUI with successful results?

I just have no idea what to do....
Shannon - diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis during laparoscopic surgery in March 2011. TTC baby 1 :-)

brandib01 responded:
that is exactly what i was told.

we opted to try IUI's first at least. they were not succesful due to fertility issues on both sides but we figured we would rather try a couple time at a couple hundred bucks a pop versus 1 time at 10-15 grand a pop.
but if you want to try there are many places that offer financing programs for IVF and it sounds strange but deals where if you fertilize multiple eggs they will freeze the extra and if the first time doesn't work they only charge for the doctor fees instead of all the meds and everthing else after that.

i got pg on lupron but our plan after 4 IUI's was to do ivf after my lupron and lap

but it is up to you.. some people like us at least give it a shot. i know one girl on here did get pg with an IUI but lost it because she had a split uterus.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

Dx with stage IV endometriosis in 2010, had ovary removed. Endometriosis found in appendix, ureter, uterus and 14 cm cysts. Umpteen rounds of BCPs, 1s...More

Helpful Tips

How to properly control your Pain
This is a tip on how to control your pain with the pain medications that have been given to you. A general rule of thumb is when you feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 87 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.