Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Bleeding/Pelvic Congestion
MelG83 posted:
I am 29 years old and have never been pregnant. I started having chronic pelvic pain on both sides in August 2009. I had pain everyday (sometimes in my back) and was bleeding every day. I started taking the pill (Femcon) continuously in December 2009, per my OB/GYN directions (when I reach the placebo, I skip it and just start a new pack -- I haven't had a period since December 2009). An abdominal CT and several ultrasounds did not reveal any mass. A laproscopy in August 2010 found pelvic congestion and did not find endometriosis. I still have pain everyday, although it's less intense. Although I take the pill continuously, I've been bleeding for the past 7 days straight. Not heavy, but more than "breakthrough" bleeding. It's accompanied by back pain and fatigue (I could hardly get up last weekend). Is bleeding a normal symptom of pelvic congestion? Is it normal to bleed while taking the pill continuously? Thank you.

- Melissa

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Morgan, I am 20 years old. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis. I was diagnosed September of 2010 but have suffered since I was 14. It...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.