Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Severe Lower Back Pain
Anon_14601 posted:
In the past few months, I have begun to get severe pain/throbbing in my lower back, both sides, just prior to my period. The pain is bad enough that I can't straighten up or walk easily. It lasts for 3-5 days and ibuprofen doesn't touch it. My periods have become very long and heavy and I am also having a terrible time losing weight, but blood tests have come back normal. I am wondering if I should be worried or visit my gynecologist? I will feel silly if it is just cramps. They just have never been this way before. Any thoughts? Thank you all.

mcgalla responded:
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are going through. It never hurts to visit your gyn even if it is just cramps and nothing serious. Its good to be on the safe side and not ignore a possible problem. If it happens to be just cramps she might be able to prescribe you a stronger pain med that might work better than ibuprofen during your period. The back pain could be due to your period but that also could be something else entirely so definitely mention it to your doctor or a chiropractor if you see one. Endometriosis can only be diagnosed through laparascopic surgery and long, heavy painful periods can be a symptom of it. But it is very possible that you don't have that and could just be experiencing a change in the way your periods usually are or it could be due to something else. Hope things get better for you and feel free to ask any other questions you may have! Hope I could help!
Carrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Carrie. I'm 29 years old and have an amazing husband! I was diagnosed with endo in 2008 when I had a lap to remove an endometrioma ...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.