Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Medications
cdiaz4408 posted:
Hi everyone! I am new to the group and new to all of this is general. My name is Crystal, I am 31 and have an almost 2 year old. I have had problems with my endometriosis since last November. I have tried back to back nuva ring, but still had bleeding and pain. The doctor wants to put me on depo provera or insert Mirena after my next laparoscopic surgery on Friday. Does anyone have any opinions on either medications? I have read bad things about both, but I would really like to hear from someone and not just read about it. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help you can give.

brandib01 responded:
nice to meet you crystal.

sorry it took so long for a reply and i am also sorry you are having issues.
i know even on constant pills i was still getting 2 periods a month but i have heard that because of endo causing the uterus to "swell" i guess is the best term the IUD tends to aggravate it and the last 2 girls i knew that ghot one had it removed in the first 2 months.
not sure if it helps but if you need any other help let me know. if i am not on here i still check my emailing religously daily so you can send any qustions or concerns direct to my addy thats in my bio and i will be more than happy to help
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Morgan, I am 20 years old. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis. I was diagnosed September of 2010 but have suffered since I was 14. It...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.