Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endo after menopause
Anon_143789 posted:
My doctors always told me that once I entered menopause my endo would no longer be a problem. Well, as far as I can tell, they were wrong. I have been in menopause for 2 years and still have pelvic pain. My endo was/is severe. Now, I started bleeding and when my doctor tried to do an endometrial biopsy, she was unable to do it because of all the adhesions on my cervix. Next step is an ultrasound and possible D & C. Does anyone have expereienced with endo after menopause?

endograndma responded:
I just want you to know that you aren't alone. I'm almost 60, and I've had problems for several years now. The endo wasn't a horrible problem before menopause or for at least ten years after, but it is posing problems for me now.
I am seeing an alternative physician, however. I can't help you with conventional therapy or treatment. I am following a very strict diet. I have very little pain, actually--
I don't want to talk about my symptoms on here, too public--LOL!
I am extremely sensitive to medications and chemicals of any kind, so I have to be very careful; I actually have MCS, and my practitioner believes that my body sees some chemicals as estrogens--
which contributes to my problem, so I avoid chemicals.
It's a rather difficult way to live, isn't it? And I am commenting, because I want you to know that you are NOT alone. It is hard to talk to friends/family/associates about this, because it's quite rare--
But, please know that you aren't alone. I can see there have been no other responses--
I am calling myself endograndma--LOL!
God bless you--
I wish I could offer more help, but I just live from day to day myself; I have my very good days and then some not so good--

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have shortened this some because i was noticing the beginning of a novel.lol.My name is Brandi i am 30 and I am one of the admins on the public Endo...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.