Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
GI Endo
blsmjs posted:
I'm new to this, but I had my first sugery for endo a littleover a year ago. My pain subsided a great deal, but for the past couple of months I have been having the same pain and some intestinal pain. Personally, I think that they didn't get all of the endo the first time around. Also, I don't think it could have come back this soon. Has anyone else felt the symptoms of GI endo? I just don't know what to do at this point... more surgery?

sfbrinkley responded:
I found out that I had endo over a year ago (last April was my lapro). It was on my bladder, bowels, both ovaries, and had my appendix stuck up under my right ovary. Before the procedure, I felt a lot of pain especially if my bowels were full (before a BM or if I had gas). There were some times I would shoot straight up because it felt like someone rammed something up my anus. Other times I would labor-like pains and had to breathe through them. I went to the doctor repeatedly thinking I had a bladder infection, but i didn't--I guess the endo on my bladder irritated it and made it feel like I had to urinate.

I did some research on the internet and discovered that in about 85% of the cases, the endo comes back w/in a year. I have been taking the pill back-to-back to prevent me from cycling, but I am still in pain. My lower back hurts almost all the time. I have 2 boys and am done having children. I am now thankful that I didn't have any girls, because I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

I just turned 41. I have scheduled a complete hysterectomy for July 17th. I am tired of the pain. I have talked to several women with endo who said that a hysterectomy was the best thing they ever did.

Good luck to you!

Samantha

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Adria, am currently 37 years old. Am married to my wonderful husband, Todd going on 6 years now. I don't have any children of my own but I...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.