Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Period after Lupron
Anon_9709 posted:
So i stopped lupron injections back in September. I have only gotten my period twice, once in March and again in May. Not sure whats going on, has anyone experienced anything like this?

weezette22 responded:
In my experience it just takes a while for your body to re-establish its rhythm. I woundt worry about it too much unless you start having pain or other symptoms. I know after I took Lupron it was quite a roller coaster to re-discover how things would be. Good luck!!!

Anon_9709 replied to weezette22's response:
So I got what I thought was the beginning of my period last friday, had some light spotting on friday and saturday. On sunday I thought it was just getting heavier, by sunday night, I was in a lot of pain, heavy bleeding, the point that I was going through a tampon an hour. I went to local emergency room, diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance, started a medication to stop it. Friggin scary, its now thursday, thought it had stopped yesterday and its started again, grrr, so frustrating

mrichers responded:
I did a round of Lupron in 2005. Once I took the last injection, my gyno put me on a low dose BC. It took a couple of months to get back to normal, but it helped. You may want to talk to your gyno. Seems like nearly 9 months is a little too long. Good Luck.

Melody

PS. I am starting my second round of Lupron next month.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea when I had my first period at age 11 years old. Four years ago, I was diagnosed with endometrios...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.