Period after Lupron
Anon_9709 posted:
So i stopped lupron injections back in September. I have only gotten my period twice, once in March and again in May. Not sure whats going on, has anyone experienced anything like this?

weezette22 responded:
In my experience it just takes a while for your body to re-establish its rhythm. I woundt worry about it too much unless you start having pain or other symptoms. I know after I took Lupron it was quite a roller coaster to re-discover how things would be. Good luck!!!

Anon_9709 replied to weezette22's response:
So I got what I thought was the beginning of my period last friday, had some light spotting on friday and saturday. On sunday I thought it was just getting heavier, by sunday night, I was in a lot of pain, heavy bleeding, the point that I was going through a tampon an hour. I went to local emergency room, diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance, started a medication to stop it. Friggin scary, its now thursday, thought it had stopped yesterday and its started again, grrr, so frustrating

mrichers responded:
I did a round of Lupron in 2005. Once I took the last injection, my gyno put me on a low dose BC. It took a couple of months to get back to normal, but it helped. You may want to talk to your gyno. Seems like nearly 9 months is a little too long. Good Luck.

Melody

PS. I am starting my second round of Lupron next month.