Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
    drs think i have endometriosis
    ashbregier posted:
    So i was in the dr on wed they think i have endo. I have three kids im just sitting here thinking how is this happening now. i never had any problems with my period until after my last child was born almost a year ago. when i get my period i get migrains, bad cramping that i cant even stand i have to curle in a ball. i dont know how may times i have gone in to the drs because of this pain. i have an appt. with OB next week to talk more about it and take the next step. does any one have any suggestions to help me out with this pain sucks
    mrichers responded:

    So sorry you are in pain. I too did not have problems until after I had children. I have been dealing with endometriosis for the last 8 years. It is not a fun thing to deal with, but know that it is treatable. Until you are certain that it is endo, I would recommend Aleve for the pain, and also use a heating pad when the cramping is at its worse. Hope this helps you.

    sfbrinkley responded:
    The only way to know for sure if you have endo is to have a laparoscopy. For me, nothing showed up on the ultrasound, but when they looked inside, I had endo all over. If the source of your pain is something else, the doc will be able to tell.

    If you already have 3 kids and might eventually want a hysterectomy, I recommend having the procedure done in a hospital. You can let your doc know that if they find extensive endo, to go ahead and remove whatever parts they feel would be beneficial. That way you are only under anesthesia once and have to recover once and you can avoid unnecessary pain in the future.

    This might seem radical, but my neighbor is 50 and has endo. She has had 2 lapros to clear out the endo and one ablation to make her periods lighter. She is still suffering, but she is so close to menopause they don't want to operate on her. In about 85% of the cases, the endo comes back w/in a year of the lapro.

    I found out I had endo last year when they did a lapro on me. I tried b.c. pills to lessen the pain, but just over a year later, I am scheduled to have a full hysterectomy. I have lost so many days due to pain. Not to mention the strain on my marriage. I am ready to be done with it. I have talked to several women with endo that said the best thing they ever did was have a hysterectomy. Even a few that wished they had done it sooner.

    Good luck!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I study medical, had been a doctor for more than three years. Later I start to do business, I try to find best product to help people, I never found ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Are You at High Risk of Infecting Endometriosis After Abortion?
    There are increasing women worrying if they are at high risk of infecting endometriosis after abortion? To figure out the right answer for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.