Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Chiropractor making adhesions bleed?
An_246353 posted:
I was diagnosed with Endometriosis last year. I used birth control to try to mitigate the symptoms, however, the pain returned. I started taking my pills continuously (not using the inert ones) so that I wouldn't have my periods. In the beginning, I would have my period every 2-3 months. At some point, I stopped having them at all. Then, on June 22nd, I got my period. It was heavier at first, then it got very light (like after the period--mostly brownish discharge), and I thought it was going away. Then, it came back bright red again. Then it started to go away again. I have had bleeding or brownish discharge almost non-stop since June 22nd. It had pretty much gone away on July 4th. On July 6th it came back, was red red again and is more abundant. I have never had such a long period before.

I am wondering if this could be due to seeing a chiropractor recently due to my lower back pain. The chiropractor told me that he has experience in dealing with endometriosis. On my last few visits, the most recent happening the day before my recent bleeding, he dug his hands into my pelvis and said it was to help with the adhesions. It was quite painful and my back hurt for a few days after. Am I crazy, or could he be causing the adhesions to tear which is making me bleed?
I will definitely ask him to stop what he has been doing because it is causing me pain and I already have a complete hysterectomy scheduled for July 17th.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jessica, 28 (Maryland), ovarian cysts, 1st lap 8/27/08 - stage 3 endo

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.