Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endometrial biopsy
ldb44 posted:
I was wondering if anyone out there has had an endometrial biopsy and if their doctor provided any pain management for the procedure. I have been diagnosed with uterine fibroids and my doctor did not provide any pain management (other than ibuprophen, regular strength), and I have to say that it was pure hell. Is this normal? It seems like a pretty barbaric procedure to have to endure without pain management. He stated that it was "his practices' policy" not to use any type of additional pain medication other than ibuprophen for this procedure.

brandib01 responded:
have had the biopsy before and yes it is extremely painful.

most OB docs don't like to Rx pain meds because it is generally not in their practicce for women to need them and like in the case of mine he will Rx them for my AF pain but ask that i do not take any when i go in for things like that because he wants to know my level of pain to be able to gauge the issue better. like when i have a cyst. he will usually Rx it for after the procedure but not during.

i am sorry you had to go through that but i hope you feel better now.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with endo via lap surgery on Aug 6, 2010. I had a large plum-sized "chocolate cyst" on my left ovary, but it's gone no...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.