Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Need some advice, maybe some experiences..
An_246521 posted:
Hi. I am 22 years old. First of all, my husband and I have finally decided that now is the perfect time to start a family, however, theres a few things that I wanted to clarify with my doctor/obgyn about. So I have an appointment made in about 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have a bit of a history.. For as long as I can remember, I have always had painful periods. To the point where I could barely make it to high school. It started getting a bit worst to the point where I would start feeling like I was going to black out. One time at Walmart, I suddenly passed out. It was like the first or second day of my period. An ambulance came and said everything looked fine and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, I said no. I was probably about 14.

When I was about 16 I was having frequent urination so I went to my doctor. Turns out, I had a dermoid cyst on my one ovary. They had to do surgery to remove the cyst, ovary, and follipian tube. So I only have one ovary and tube left. They said I would still be able to have children though. I was then put on birth control a few times on and off.

Now, I am 22. My periods have been getting worst and I'm having more and more black outs during the first days of my period. One time we went to Disney and were at Animal Kingdom. I got my period and started blacking out. I had to leave and I missed out on a full day. I usually have to call off work on my first day.

My symptoms are usually this.. I get my period. My cramps start getting worst, then I start sweating really bad. I start getting really dizzy and I can't concentrate or hear anthing. Everything starts to get dark on me. I usually fight myself to stay consious. I usually put my head on a table and close my eyes or I lay down on the floor. After I start coming back to reality (my cramps are still very painful) then I get the cold chills for about an hour and a half. I usually can sleep for a few hours after wards and then I feel okay. It really drains my body.

another thing is, when I have intercourse, it hurts at first, but then I just suck it up and think its normal. I can never truly enjoy sex. My husband knows this happens so we don't have sex very much. I just thought it was normal and thought maybe my vagina was small. But reading more on endometriosis, I think I may have this. I am also very tired on any given day. I do not take any vitamins and I usually get 6-9 hours of sleep a night. It normally doesn't matter what time i go to bed or wake up, I end up still sleepy. I've also realized that I pee a lot lately too. At work, it could be almost every hour to 2 hours I go.

Anyway, I'm going to the doc to figure this out, but I wanted some people's experiences. I heard someone say they knew someone with my symptoms, went on to get pregnant and started having seizures during the pregancy. They then got worst and eventually had to quit their job because the seizures were so bad. I never had a seizure, but I don't want to start.

brandib01 responded:
am sorry for all your issues.

i have been diagnosed with endo stage IV for about 6 years now. i have never had a seizure from it but i have had alot of your symptoms. i have never blacked out either but i have felt like it before to the point where i too have just layed my head on my desk without being able to move for at least an hour.

just an fyi there is no way to positively diag. endo without a lap surgery. if a doctor tell your without one get another doctor. just because they can see cysts if you do happen to have them does not make it endo.

i am not saying you don't or that you do but be careful on the doctor you choose.

since you are on the path to TTC (trying to conceive) i would suggest up front going to see a Reproductive endocronologist. they specialize in difficult conception. also not saying you will have issues but tsince they specialize in that they have more knowledge on reproductive issues such as endo and pcos etc. so you can get a jump start and head off some of the doctor runaround early.

to me it sounds like a good possibility that you could have endo. a big issue when womendo is becoming anemic. since we tend to lose more blood during our cycles then normal women it is not uncommon. and you would not be a full anemic necessarily just too much blood loss during AF.

sorry you did not get a response sooner. please let me know if you have any more questions i would be more than happy to help.

i was on the TTC rollercoaster for 6 years before i welcomed my wonderful little fat guy to my world. if you read my bio i have a quick overlook of the things i have gone through.

hope this helps.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31, a mother to two beautiful girls! Gracie is 9 and Hannah is 6. I have a wonderful girlfriend who is also my best friend and we hope to have ba...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.