Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
PCOS/endometriosis LUPRON?
Coley1882 posted:
I have PCOS and a mild case of endometriosis. I recently heard about taking Lupron to help shrink cysts/lesions. We have been trying to get pregnant for almost 7 years now. We cant afford IVF, so this seems like it is our last resort. Does Lupron help with PCOS as well as Endometriosis? One of my problems is that I dont ovulate very often. I dont have severe pain with my conditions either. I have some, but I also have a high pain tolerance. Does anybody have the same problems? Did Lupron work for you?
Help!

brandib01 responded:
if you are ttc lupron may not be for you.

it is a last resort med. what it esssentially does is put you in a pseudo-menopause state where your ovaried temporarily shut down.
i like you tried for about 5 yearas and went on lupron but i have stage 4 endo. very painful and pretty much all over my lower organs bowel, bladder, kidney etc.
surpisingly but not recommended i did get pregnant before i started the shot and had 2 rounds before they found my little miracle monster. and immediately stopped treatment and i had to see 3 doctors the remainder of my pregnancy to make sure it did not cause any birth defects or issues.

lupron is a treatment for endo not a pregnancy assist. i would love to know what all you tried and maybe i can help you find some ways yall haven't tried to help your chances.

because trust me i know how you feel you can read my bio to get a better idea of what i went through as well.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I were married in 1999! We have been ttc since 2001. Diagnosed with endo via lap in 2005 after years of trying to convince many doctors that I ...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.