Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Tying to make a decision......
Lyndel421 posted:
Hi there beautiful ladies!

I am 33 years old and have been battling endo now since I was 16. My first period was when I was 17 and to be honest they have been brutal up to this point. I had my first lap at 19 and my second one at 32. My gyno at that time was in Las Vegas and been practicing for 25 years. He said after my last lap which was in Sept 2011, that my case of endo was the worst case he has ever seen. Obviously it is wrapped around my bowels and now it is surrounding my liver. The pain that I occurred previous to my last lap was excruciating. My choices after my surgery was to have a hysterectomy or try the Lupron shots for 6 months. Well i took the Lurpron shots for 5 months, I couldn't take the moodiness that came with the shot. As of last week I am starting to get the pain back that I had previous to my last lap. Went to the Gyno yesterday and he said that it is pretty weird that the pain came back so soon after the shots. I have much scar tissue and the chances of getting PG was very slim or I would have miscarriages. At this point of my life I am not married and without any children. My line of work is very hectic and to be honest I don't think that I want children, and have no prospects of a significant other to make that happen anyways. I'm starting to think that maybe it's just my destiny not to have any of my own children. I am contemplating on a hysterectomy and leave my ovaries which they are healthy as of September lap. Basically, I am just tired of the pain and all the BS that comes with it. Any suggestions or comments to getting a hysterectomy? I rarely have one good week a month due to the ups and downs of hormones and the pain. I can not live my life like this anymore! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated from my fellow endo girls club. Thank you!

brandib01 responded:
am so sorry to hear of your pain.
and it is nto a crime to not want children.
that life is not for everyone.
if you do want children it is never impossible if you read my bio based on all listed including miscarriages i was told i would probably never have a biological child at least not carried by me and i proved them wrong and now have the most beautiful baby boy almost 10 mos. old.

as far as a hysto is concerned remember i am not a doctor however it is not a "cure". especially if you leave your ovaries. endo is fueled by your hormones. if you are still producing then endo will continue to grow. i caanot tell you how many women even some on here had one done only to have the pain return and can now not get any assistance from doctors because they think there is no way. removing your uterus will not get rid of it anywhere but on your uterus.

i am sure you have tried many other treatments and all i can suggest is checking out some of the tips as far as changing your diet excersizing as much as you comfortably can and trying new birth control to limit its growth.
i know it can be stressful as well as painful but you will have many more issues with the hysto.

check out this site hystersisters.com for more information.

i do not mean to sound so cut and dry i would just hate for you to go through what i have heard of soooo many other women going through.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey All... I'm Stacey, one of the admins along with Hopeful (don't be fooled, she's really the boss though). We decided to put together th...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.