Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Adhesions/Edometriosis-Laparoscopy
NicoleLayne85 posted:
Hello!

I recently (8/7/12) had a Laparoscopy done due to continues tugging and pulling pain/discomfort in my lower abdominal area ans painful intercorse. I had been having this discomfort for 2-3 years. My doctor finally listened to me and scheduled for surgery. My doctor advised me that she saw 3 black spots (2 on my wall and 1 one an overy), a few webs of endo and adhesions. She advised that she broke the webs up and the adhesions, and burned the black spots off. The second week after my surgery I started to get the tugging/pulling feeling again. On my post-opp i informed her of this and she said to take BC and that should help but she doesnt recommend going back in for surgery.

My question is, should i still be having this discomfort after the surgery? I would think I shouldnt be because she said that she took care of it.

Your time and answers are much approcated.

Thank
Nicole

compchick813 responded:
I had my lap back in 2008, and I had read that it can take a few weeks to heal. A month after surgery I was still in significant pain. My doc asked me to give it a while longer, and 2 months after I had nearly no pain. So I would give it a few more weeks, and hopefully you'll be feeling better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

-Stefanie, 30yrs old. Mother of one and only miracle baby now a toddler. I had severe hyperemesis and delivered at 31 weeks. I also had a laproscopy i...More

Helpful Tips

How to properly control your Pain
This is a tip on how to control your pain with the pain medications that have been given to you. A general rule of thumb is when you feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 87 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.