Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
TTC with endometriosis
Kodiakanromeo posted:
I am 25 yrs old and my husband and I have been ttc for a year an a half now. I had my 1st lap in march of 2010 to remove a cyst from my left ovary and was diagnosed with stage 3 going on stage 4 endo with 100% blockage on my right tube. I just started lupron for the second time. First time I did 1 shot every three months for 6 months and this time my ob plans on going 9 months on lupron I am on month 4 so far and am anxious for these next 5 months to fly by. Any advice on what I should be doing or if I even should be on lupron this long. My husband and I are anxious to start trying again and to finally be able to have a positive test.

brandib01 responded:
never like to hear of women being on it this long. my specialit would only do a 6 month max and the montly shots.

i do not like the 3 month shots because it is a grey area on how long they last some womens bodies process it slower and some have the issue that it is all filtered before they even get their next shot. plus month to month can be controlled better. you can stop it if you need to etc.

also i know it can cause bone loss so you should be geting a bone can to check for that as well as taking additional vitamins and addback therapy if needed.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I just wanted to share my story. I was Diagnosed with endometriosis after I had two beautiful blessings in my arms... Before I had children I never ha...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.