Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endometriosis
JamieD posted:
I was diagnosed with endo in 2008 when I had lap. done. I have always had trouble since I started my period when I was 11 and I went on birth control when I was 12 to regulate it. I have had several problems with endo being the worst. The lap. helped me I did not have unbearable pain until this year. I went to the dr and he said I could either start lupron, have surgery again or have surgery again and then start lupron. I really do not know what to do. I am 28 and I do not have any children and I want to be able to have children. I am leaning more towards surgery but I have had people tell me that I will just have to keep having surgery. I have read some pretty bad things about lupron but people that I know that have taken it said they haven't had any bad side effects. I was just wanting to get some more opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read this

brandib01 responded:
nice to meet you jamie.

i have done both.

unfortuantely there is not a "cure" for endo so anything you do is considered a temporary fix.
surgery will help "clean you out" and lupron is meant to cease growth.
my surgeries only worked for about a year at a time and i found out i was pg before i had my third shot of lupron so needless to say about 4 months after having my son i started having pains again.
i know some women do get bad side effects from lupron but you can always request, and we do suggest this, getting addback meds to help with the hot flashes and possible depression.
there are pro's and con's to both. it is just a matter of what you have already tried. i always suggest lupron as a last resort. when surgery doesn't help and bcp's don't help. alot of women try bcp's and you have to remember it is a rtial and error thing with them. just because the first kind doens't work doesn't mean another one won't.
i chose lupron due to the extreme amoun of endo they found during my last lap. it was all over on my bowel kidneys bladder my ovaries were fused as well as part of my intestine was in my culdesac are fused. so it was literally the last ditch effort and it was still only taken until i was scheduled for my next surgery because they didn't want it getting any worse before then.
none of choices mean you can't have children. heck i did it while on bcp' through a surgery and while on lurpon and the little booger was determined.
not sure if i helped but it really is up to you andhow much you are wiling to deal with,
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

*continued from previous discussion So i allowed myself to have a period, and for 2 weeks it was black and tarry, never red. October 1 i started the ...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.