Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Da Vinci lap vs. traditional lap for treatment?
JenniBeth23 posted:
So this will be my second surgery for my endo- the first was in September 2010- and my current gyno suggested I go with the da Vinci robotics system instead of a traditional lap. I've read a bit about it and it seems a lot less invasive, and a lot more thorough, and I am extremely hopeful that I will get some relief!! Though my big sis did point out that even right after the surgery it's not going to be worse than the pain right now- it can only get better! Anyway, I wanted to know if any of you ladies had a da Vinci lap and if you noticed a difference at all between the two? I am counting down the days, even though I have to go back to work a couple days after, I am just thrilled that for a while, I'm not going to be in constant pain. If no one on here has had the robot lap before, I will gladly post some details and pros/cons after my surgery- fingers crossed!!! xoxox Jenn

Amyjrn responded:
Have you had your surgery yet? I am an RN in an OR and I do cases with the Da Vinci and reg lap cases. I do a lot of GYN cases, they are my favorite. Also, I too have endometriosis and had traditional lap treatment of it in Nov. 2011. I had good results initially but it came back. This is mostly because I also had a large uterine septum that had to be excised, and I had to take estrogen for a month which of course encourages the endo to come back. We didn't realize that I had a septum until the doc went in to do a hysteroscopy on me at the same time, this is when they place a scope through your cervix and into your uterus. I have had infertility issues and my hubby and I have been trying for 3 and a half yrs with 2 miscarriages. So I haven't ever seen our GYN docs do this type a procedure with the robot. Let me know how everything goes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31, a mother to two beautiful girls! Gracie is 9 and Hannah is 6. I have a wonderful girlfriend who is also my best friend and we hope to have ba...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.