Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Left out a couple of things...night sweats/clamminess continued...
Wnk516 posted:
(Continued from post above) I also have frequent urination and urgency. I wake up during the night about twice feeling like my bladder is going to burst, and in the morning it wakes me up and its usually accompanied by an unhealthy bowel. It has become a ritual nightly to get up and use the restroom and change out of my drenched clothes about twice a night. I feel like I spend more time in the bathroom to pee than out. I never feel like doing anything anymore.

brandib01 responded:
have never had the night sweats other than when i was on lupron.
i am not sure why your doctor is administering it the way he/she is.

it is not meant to be used that way and definately should not be used for a prolonged period of time.
at most it would be once a month for 3-6 consecutive months.

the purpose of lupron is to put your body into a pseudo menopausal state where you are not producing hormones because it has temporarily shut down your ovaries, therefor your endo has nothing to feed off of.
it is not for pain mangement. like a muscle relaxer would be.

i would honestly attribute your night sweats to that and your claminess.
did your doctor explain what lupron does and the potential side effects to you? are you taking any addback medicine for the night sweats or the depression it could cause or naseau or anything?

it really concerns me if they are doing what you say they are doing. not saying i don't believe you but if that is the case i would get a second opinion and find a new doctor...
i am not trying to worry you but like i said this does worry me and specially if they are acting like there is no explanation for what is happening to you.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I were married in 1999! We have been ttc since 2001. Diagnosed with endo via lap in 2005 after years of trying to convince many doctors that I ...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.