Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
about endometrsis
kat012098 posted:
Hi. I went to the Dr. in january complaining of serve abdominal pain, constant pain before I started my period and all through it. It was so bad at times I couldn't even get out of bed for awhile. I also had really bad pains when I couldn't go to the bathroom and in and out of the bathroom for hours till I finally could go. So my primary finally sent me to a gyn and did a vaginal ultrasound on me. Came back that I had a cist on my left ovary. SO me and my Dr. talked and decided to do a partial hysterectomy and just take my uterus. She did the Da Vinci laproscopic. Then went to see her 2 weeks later for my follow up, and was told she got my pathology report back and showed severe endometrisis on my pelvic, cervix, bowels, and ovaries. I was frustrated at that point because I was still having the same pains and not sleeping or anything. So she wanted to put me on the Lupron shot. After reading about it I didn't like everything I saw or heard about it. So then I called and made an appointment with her again to discuss it. Also telling her I was still in alot of pain. She proceeded to say how sorry she was that it the surgery wasn't successful and knew i was still in pain from all of the endo. in all those spots. I discussed with her that I didn't want to do the Lupron I just wanted to have everything taken out. She agreed, but wanted me to get the shot that day which she called "A QUICK FIX" till I wnet back to into surgery for April.Also she was going to bring in another physician for surgery that specialized in bowels because she wanted to really see what was going on with my bowels since the outside of my bowels had endo. I said ok. A week later got a phone call from her saying she wanted me to get a second opinion from one of her other Dr's in the office. I was very frustrated and said fine. Went to see him the following week and he proceeds to tell me he wasn;t a Dr to throw me back into surgery and wanted me to do 2 more Lupron shots and on the 3rd one he would see me again to see how I was feeling and said if not any better he was going to send me to a GI dr to see about my bowels. Well I am still in alot of pain everyday and called a GI dr myself. Sorry this is so long just want to see if anyone has any feedback on what to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with endo via lap surgery on Aug 6, 2010. I had a large plum-sized "chocolate cyst" on my left ovary, but it's gone no...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.