Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Question
SouthernLady78 posted:
I am new to this board, I am 34 and suspect that I have Endometriosis. Here is some history and current issues. I started my period at a very early 11 (if not 10). I have always had server cramping and lower back pain during my period. To the point that I would miss school go home and take meds to sleep through it. It would shoot pain down into my feet. This happened up until I was put on Depo 12 years ago. At that time I stopped having a period. But have had 3 surgerys on my cyrvix for precancer cells. About 8 years ago that was all cleared up, I changed from the Depo over to an implant in my arm about a 2 years ago. about 6 months ago I started having my period again and now have cramping and lower back pain again but this time I am having very sharp pains in my pelvic are durring and after bowl movements. I looked up what this could mean and came across Endo. I noticed that it can run in famalies so I asked my mom why she had to have her hysterecamy, it was due to Endo she was 42. I had my last pap smear come back abnormal so I am to go back in 6 months for another. I was concerned about the Endo so I called her and her nurse called me back and said it was just sever bloating. I don't think she understands the history. Should I try and call the doctor back and talk to her not her nurse?

angeleyes1206 responded:
I would schedule another appointment with your gyno. Even if its just a consult you need to sit down face to face with your doctor and make sure she hears all of your symptoms and addresses all of your concerns. Sometimes it is hard to get the answers you need over the phone but being in front of the doctor makes it easier to make sure your exact words are heard. When I finally was able to talk to my doctor and he saw me in tears because of the pain he didn't hesitate to start looking into things andto get me scheduled for my surgery. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Jennifer, I was diagnosed with endo in September 2010 when I had my first lap, but I've been dealing with the agonizing pain for about...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.