Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Endometriosis and Lupron injections.
roman98 posted:
Hello everyone, I am 37yrs old and mom to 1 she will be turning 14 in a few months. I have been dealing with severe pelvic pains since I could remember also painful intercourse. I finally couldn't take it anymore and told my doctor I needed to get checked for endometriosis or some type of cysts. So he ordered an ultrasound that only showed my uterus is tilted which that I knew and some cysts that look normal. Not completely satisfied with the doctor's answer he suggested I get checked for endometriosis but I would need a surgery so we went ahead and scheduled my surgery for September 18.2012 and sure enough I had bad lesion's and he also discovered a fibroid about 3cm hiding behind my left ovary. He cleaned up as much of the endometriosis as he could but could not get behind my uterus. I started bc pills in October but they have since spotted my face my varicose veins have gotten worse and my migraines are excruciating and no period since March. Only 8months after my surgery and the endometriosis is back he said it's more aggressive then he thought. So now we are discussing Lupron injections for a period of 6/12months but I have been reading up on the medication and I am so scarred and confused on what I should do. We also discussed a partial hysteroctomy only removing my uterus and cervix but leaving my ovaries. I have a scheduled apointment for the Lupron on June 15. If anyone can share their experience or any helpful information with me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and teach 5th grade. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April 2009, also suspected endometriosis, 1st Lupron injection 06/09, 2nd Lupron i...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.