Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Surgery for endo?
Amers80 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with a 3.1cm chocolate cyst on my left ovary. My doc says I am in stage 1-2 of endo. I don't have pain/discomfort really... some cramping during periods here and there. Every now and then I have spotting. The issue I am running into is infertility. My OBGYN recommends laproscopic surgery. I am 32 years old and really want to get pregnant. We've tried for a good 5 years! Nothing yet...[br>[br>Is the surgery necessary if I want to get pregnant? Also - fertility aside, is the surgery absolutely necessary?

brandib01 responded:
yes unfortunately surgery is necessary especially for infertilty.
i am sorry you are having these issues and believe me as someone who TTC for 6 years before i conceived my little nugget i feel your pain.

they say the best time to try again is right after you are healed from surgery and you are "cleaned out".

just make sure your doctor has a plan for afterwards. wht meds hes going to accompany it with etc.

i am not sure what you have tried already what test have been done etc. but if you have any further detailed questions just post oryou can email me directly. my email is listed within my bio. im always ahppy to help
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lisa, I am 29 years old and will turn the big 30 this may :) I am married to a wonderful man named Tom and have three beautiful children. A...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.