Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
endometriosis
An_253072 posted:
Does anyone know if endometriosis can grow on organs besides the ovaries?

Shanikin responded:
Yes, it can. It can grow pretty much anywhere in the pelvic region and in some EXTREMELY rare cases it has been known to grow in other areas of the body
Shannon - diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis during laparoscopic surgery in March 2011. TTC baby 1 :-)

lovie3535 replied to Shanikin's response:
since they cannot see endometriosis on cat scans or xray, how do they know?

brandib01 replied to lovie3535's response:
endo can only be firmly diagnosed unfortunately by a lap surgery. the doctors are usually flagged by something like an odd looking cyst or severe unexplained pain or bleeding.
my doctor found a large "cyst" that didn't look right on my ovary which turned out to be an endometrioma that almost fully engulfed my right ovary and then they foud the rest

so to the initial question as shannon said yes it can mine was founf on my bladder bowel intestines kidney culdesac area as well as the usual ovary and uterus.
Brandi 28dx'ed.endo lap 09'

lovie3535 replied to brandib01's response:
Thansk very much ladies! I really appreciate it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24, diagnosed with stage 3 endo in Feb. 2010. Started round of Lupron after having the lap. Having to go off Lupron after severe allergic reac...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.