Skip to content


All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Anyone ever had or treated an endometrioma growing in the vagina?
clevelandgal posted:

I've managed endometriosis for 14 years now and had a recent issue I was wondering if anyone has experienced. A year ago I started having some vaginal pain and found a lump about the size of a marble inside of my vagina. My gyno thinks it's a chocolate cyst since it shrinks and grows with some sort of cycle my body is on. She's referring me to a urogynocologist to have it removed...has anyone ever experienced anything like this?
Jillie02baMom responded:
I have one "posterior to the cervix". Mine lives in the cul-de-sac and doesn't really have many symptoms. It sometimes drains vaginally and I have some dark old bloody spotting. It has maintained the size of a golf ball for about 3 years now.

Mine has been monitored with ultrasound. It hasn't grown so we haven't worried about it. My gyn didn't want me having surgery because of some bad history in that area. But, she did say that we could drain it vaginally, with a needle, but as long as the structure remains there, it will refill. Mine has several times. You have to have the structure removed to get rid of it altogether!

Good luck! If it's not hurting, you may want to just monitor for a while. Curious to hear what the urogyn has to say about it!
~jill ~~ttc since 01, dx'ed endo via lap 05, 2nd lap

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and live in Atlanta GA. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and vestibulitis. I was widowed at the age of 23 and went through a...More

Helpful Tips

New Doctor
I posted a few weeks ago, it looked very diff, so im guessing they changed the layout? But any way.. I was recomended to a new doc who is a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.