Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Laproscopic Surgery
cwu007 posted:
I am having diagnostic laproscopic surgery on October 18th to see if I have endometriosis. I've never had surgery before and I'm a little scared. I'm 27 years old, I'll be 28 at the time of the surgery. Anyone who's been through this have any advice or tips on what to expect?

EndoSufferer responded:
Nothing to be scared of. The incisional pain is very minor. The worst pain you will probably experience is the common pain form the Gas used dissapting from your system. (They use a Gas to "blow you up" so they can see...) As that gas tries to leave your system....you will feel shoulder pain, pain with deep breaths etc. Thats the worst I experienced....not even painful really, just uncomfortable. After a few days.....you'll be good to go. Good luck. Do not worry....or be scared. You'll be asleep, and wont know anything that is happening. (You may have a sore throat from the tube, but minor also.) I also had Lapro surgery to have lesions removed, and that was a bit of a tougher recovery...I think because it invovled more activity while they were in there. (Not just "Looking around".) You will do fine.

An_253856 responded:
I had my first surgery at 27 as well. I experienced pain with the incision area for about 48 hours but was manageable with pain medication. I found it helpful to have a friend or family member assist me with preparing meals and moral support for those 2 days.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 30 now but I started having painful perids when I was 13. I tried to make everyone understand that it wasn't normal but at that time no was w...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.