Skip to content

Announcements

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
1st Lap Scheduled for Wed
bchrachel posted:
Hi, I am new here. Here is a little background on me. I am 35 years old and have 2 kids ages 3 and 5. About 8 years ago I had to have emergency surgery to remove a 12cm cyst on my left ovary, as a result I lost that ovary. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to conceived my 2 children.
For the past year or so I have been having pain in my right ovary and over the past 2 months it has been constant pain and cramping throughout my entire pelvic area even when I am not ovulating or having my period. My dr finally did an ultrasound and discovered another cyst on my right ovary but luckily it is small only 2cm. But due to the other symptoms I have been having constant pain, bowel problems and extreme fatigue he thinks I may have endo.
My mother had really bad endo and ended up with a hysterectomy in her early 40's so the hereditary link is there. I am not so much worried about the actual lap as unfortunately I have had several surgeries already throughout my life. I am more concerned with the recovery time. My Dr said a few days but I see on these forums other woman its taken longer which will be really difficult for me with 2 little kids.
Anyway sorry to ramble on. Any insight on recovery would be much appreciated. Thanks and wish me luck and I will update after my lap.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 28 year old mother of 3, at the time i was diagnosed with endo I had already had my two sons, my dr at the time had advised me of my options an...More

Helpful Tips

information for members
I am not sure if everyone knows, Amanda and I are the administrators of this board. This is a member ran board and not a web md monitored ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.