Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
    1st Lap Scheduled for Wed
    bchrachel posted:
    Hi, I am new here. Here is a little background on me. I am 35 years old and have 2 kids ages 3 and 5. About 8 years ago I had to have emergency surgery to remove a 12cm cyst on my left ovary, as a result I lost that ovary. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to conceived my 2 children.
    For the past year or so I have been having pain in my right ovary and over the past 2 months it has been constant pain and cramping throughout my entire pelvic area even when I am not ovulating or having my period. My dr finally did an ultrasound and discovered another cyst on my right ovary but luckily it is small only 2cm. But due to the other symptoms I have been having constant pain, bowel problems and extreme fatigue he thinks I may have endo.
    My mother had really bad endo and ended up with a hysterectomy in her early 40's so the hereditary link is there. I am not so much worried about the actual lap as unfortunately I have had several surgeries already throughout my life. I am more concerned with the recovery time. My Dr said a few days but I see on these forums other woman its taken longer which will be really difficult for me with 2 little kids.
    Anyway sorry to ramble on. Any insight on recovery would be much appreciated. Thanks and wish me luck and I will update after my lap.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a very active and fit 27 year old and thought getting pregnant when my husband and I decided the time was right would be easy. Boy, was I wrong! ...More

Helpful Tips

Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
    This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding. A period should only come once a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 68 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.