Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
Is it a Period or Abnormal Bleeding?
hopeful2218 posted:
This is a Tip to help you understand if you are having a period or abnormal bleeding.

A period should only come once a month...28-31days..some women are different. Your period should not exceed 7 days. Most women report having heavy bleeding during the first couple days of their period. A very important rule of thumb regarding heavy bleeding, is if you are filling a pad or tampon within 1-3 hours, you are experiencing abnormal bleeding. If you are having excessive bleeding, you should seek medical attention immediately. Excessive bleeding may cause you to become anemic.

Some sign to know if you are losing too much blood, are light headedness, lethargy (becoming very tired during normal activities), fainting, memory loss. If you experience any of these, you should seek meidcal attention immediately.

Now, regarding Abnormal Bleeding, say you had a period the first of the month and it ended on the 7th of the same month. Now it's the 15th of the same month, and you have began bleeding again. This is NOT a period...this is abnormal/breakthrough/spotting. This should be reported to your doctor. They may recommend a birthcontrol to help regulate your periods, if you are already on bcp's they may switch to a different brand to help regulate your cycles.

Many women have to try different bcp's until they find the right one..some women have reactions to low estrogen, some have reactions to high estrogen. It is important to keep your doctor informed about your cycles.
Was this Helpful?
39 of 68 found this helpful
tinasousa88 responded:
well first of all it all started with a minor migraine than proceeded into major vaginal bleeding' Ihave been bleeding heavily for about 4 days now and i am not even suppose to be on my period yet. Idont start my monthy untill around the 7th-10th i dont know what it could be this has never happened to me before.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey everyone, my names Susan.I live in the South Jersey area and i am 21 years old and had endo pain since i was a preteen. I was diagnosed with endo ...More

Helpful Tips

New Doctor
I posted a few weeks ago, it looked very diff, so im guessing they changed the layout? But any way.. I was recomended to a new doc who is a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.