Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
epilepsy
silvettig posted:
I have had seizures quite often, I take 500 mg a day, However I still get that red light laser that shows just before I have a seizure. The seizures I have are scarry, I have a big bang in my head then I see a kaleidoscope of colors. Has anyone on this website have or had the same problem? I have tried to get all past medical records from pensacloa but the doctors say that all records were lost in the hurricane that hit pensacola.

dancer86442 responded:
Hello silvettig,

I seem to recall something similar being said, over the Yrs. But, a Lot of us experience seizure activity in our own 'unique' way. IF you are still having seizures, then it is time for your DR to increase your dose or change your medication!

Do you keep a Journal? If not, Start one today. More info under Tips.

I guess You & DRS will have to 'start from scratch' w/ your records/tests. But, your Journal will help You & your DR determine what's next.

Good Luck. If you have more questions or just wanna chat/rant/rave, I'll be here for you.

Love Candi

silvettig replied to dancer86442's response:
Thanks Candi, I have and do keep a journal and my Dr. has increased my dose. I hate to say it but I was hopeful someone else had the red laser before oncome. I started having them in 1986 from bad head injury, Again Thank you so much for your reply.

dancer86442 replied to silvettig's response:
Thank You for your Quick response,

How long have you been on the 'new' dose?

Need more Input? I have a few other Support Groups listed under Resources. Coping-with-epilepsy has a Lot of members. Patients Like Me is another good site for input. And of course there is always the Epilepsy Foundation & Epilepsy.com to try. Let me know if you meet others who Have similar/same symptoms.

I had seizures as a babe/toddler. Then they went into remission. They were re-triggered in the 70's by a head blow. Took 10 yrs of 'trial & error' meds to finally get control. I have been seizure free for over 20 yrs now. So, hang in there. HUGS!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

?Epilepsy Meetup? ? Support Groups Around the World
If you're looking for a support group — or if you want to start your own support group — "Epilepsy Meetup" is a fantastic site ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center