Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Back again
silvettig posted:
Well, I go back to my doctor today and have him take a look at what's going on. I have taken my meds faithfully so I don't what's going on. If he wants test I will have to go to little rock @ 50 miles from were I live to see a expert. I had a small attact on monday of this week, It's to the point I don't even want to drive any more let alone walk, But I need that to keep my knees going they need replacement. If anyone rides a bike please wear a helment.

dancer86442 responded:
Hi silvettig,

Glad to see you back. :) Happier to hear you are seeing the DR today. :) Bummer about the Drive. And really, you Shouldn't be Driving! Personally, I would search for a 'designated' driver. Even to your Appt, today. ( Everyone agrees it's best to have someone w/ you In the DRS office during Consult, anyway. :) ) A Neighbor, friend? Remember, By driving, you are not only putting Yourself at risk!

Walking? Well, it's just gotta Be! So, we just take 1 step at a time. One Day at a Time. And sit down, lay down, ASAP, in a 'safe' zone if possible, when need be. :( Have you considered a 'companion'? A seizure alert dog?

BTW: Under Resources is a Site you should chek out, if you haven't already. :) Questions For Your DR/Neuro. And Ask about the Portable EEG! Another site: Epilepsy Faqs. Scroll down for answers & chek out 'aura's & other seizure types.

Good Luck. Love Candi

silvettig replied to dancer86442's response:
I must stop from driving, However I'm retired, I retired at 48, The Lord has been good to me. My local doctor said there is a local neuro in my town, He only see about 6 people a month he is semi-retired but a very good neuro. My Dr. has ordered new test from my local hospital and he is setting up new eeg's and a c-scan. As always life is great here on the river and I am so blessed, Candi, I want to thank you again for your help, Have a great day.

dancer86442 replied to silvettig's response:
Good Morning Silvettig,

Glad to hear you sounding sooo cheerful. :) And that you have found a Good Neuro. :)

Hey, I live close to the River, too. The Colorado River. :) :)

Life is Great! Hope you have Many good days. Visit anytime & keep us updated. :)

You Are Very Welcome! :)
Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center