Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
*^*Take Care of Yourself Tuesday -- Welcome to Winter*^*
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
Well it's officially winter, how are you dealing with winter where you are? We have SNOW, and lots of it here. With more to come soon. I am trying to stay home as much as possible. How do you deal with winter?

How are you taking care of yourself this week, I must admit I am not. Last night was shopping, tonight I might just stay home and relax, but tomorrow it's back out in it again!

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Emma,

Well, that front that hit Cal, has been w/ us here in Az. since Saturday. Just started 'spittin' Again, a few minutes ago. And, Wow, I actually got to use my Dryer for the 1st time this yr due to Rain. No Snow for me. Unless I wanna visit the Mtns. And Hubby don't like Snow, so don't see that happening anytime ever. Last snow I seen was when living in Utah. 2 yrs ago?

How do I deal w/ winter? I stay indoors, when it Is Cold, as much as possible. I'm fortunate. I get to pretty much Relax Everyday.

Love Candi

dancer86442 replied to dancer86442's response:
Well, I didn't stay home last nite, as expected. After I awoke from my nap, Hubby surprised me. He asked if I would like to see the Anaheim Ballet Company's performance of ' The Nutcracker'. My first Live Ballet. It was Awesome! Anyone who would like to see their 'practice sessions', just type Anaheim Ballet in your Search Engine. YouTube has 'clips'. Amazing Talented Children & Adults! A Real Treat even if you aren't into Ballet.

Love Candi

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
Ah Candi,

That sounds like an amazing way to spend your evening!

dancer86442 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Good Morning Emma,

It Was! An experience I, hopefully, will Never Forget! Poor Hubby doesn't like Ballet or the Music. HEHE He is ushering for the show so has to be there for it. Today, is a Matinee show & evening show. Poor Man. Personally, If I could get tickets (Freebies) I would go to ALL the performances. It was that Good. My Opinion, anyway. I know the kids who watched were Thrilled. So Cute: a little girl & her Big Sister came in TuTu's to watch. Howie said the little girl Danced in front of the stage, during the whole performance. I wish I had seen That. Someday, who knows, She may be the Star in a performance.
The Girl who was lead dancer was only about 12, maybe 13 yrs of age. What Dedication. She performed flawlessly & w/ such Grace. It really was amazing to watch. Of course the rest of the Crew were Great, too.

Love Candi

ewolfe314 responded:
Hi Emma,

Believe it or not, so far no snow here in NE Pa. Every storm just seems to miss us.

And as How am I dealing with winter--I pray every night for Spring to come, so I can get back outside in the sun.

The only good thing about this time of year is watching all the college football bowl games. I can't wait for baseball to start,that is my official opening day of summer,see I even skip over spring.

John

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center