Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Take Care Of Yourself Tuesday -- Financial Wellness Week
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello Everyone,

I do hope everyone had a wonderful New Year, full of whatever it is you like to do on New Years. I spent mine with my family, and had a wonderful time.

This week is Financial Wellness Week, during our countries economy it's been even harder to find financial wellness for a lot of people. But what about when you have medical expenses. What are ways you have or would like to get yourself to a good place Financially? Any tips for those members who are just starting out on ways to save money and still get quality care and medications? I'm sure there are some who would love to hear your ideas!

While you are thinking of that, tell me what you are doing for yourself this week? Me, I am re-reading a book I got for Christmas it was so good I think I'll read it again!

Have a great week everyone!
Emma

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Emma,

How about if I win the Lottery? Medical Expenses? OUCH! Got insurance under Hubby. But, since we haven't used Hospital Services the Premium? will have to be paid. What to do? Well, Hubby is retired, but, working a Part-time job to supplement the Co-pays on our meds. Me, I babysit for 'pocket change'. Son started paying rent Last mth, but, still owes Dad & ain't seen this Mths Rent Yet.

I had a Very Quiet New Years Eve. I was falling asleep shortly after 9. (Had one of them blasted 'sleep mode' days. ) Hubby & GF worked till 1:30AM. They were Ushers for the Debbie Reynolds Show. Course they had heard all her 'act' so, just 'another nite' to them. They said she can still sing good for a woman 80 ? yrs of Age, though.

Done finished my 1st Christmas Book. Start my new one (Nora Roberts) today. HUGS!

Love Candi

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
I love Nora Roberts, which one are you reading? Glad your New Years Eve was quiet, sometimes they are the best!

Did you win the lottery? If so maybe you'd see fit to share hehe just kidding.

Take care,
Emma

dancer86442 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Just started 'River's End'. Just finished Karen Robards 'Walking After Midnight'. Highly Recommend. I used to read Danielle Steele, A Lot. But, then her newer books just seemed to be page after page of peat/repeat. (I know I got Short term memory, but, when I start recalling "hey, I read that" then It's time to quit readin that Author.) Now it seems some of Roberts newer books are doin the same. How do you stay interested in a book if it peats/repeats & 'reads slow'?

No Lottery. And I Would Share! No Rent, either. Gotta make do w/ my 'pocket change'. But, first, gotta have a ride to spend it. Not happening anytime soon. So, it's 'pocket change' savings. Blessings, even small ones are worth counting.

Love Candi

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
I too went from Danielle Steele to Nora Roberts for the same reason, it was the same story with just different characters in a different town. I am sad to hear Nora is leaning towards the same avenue. It's been years since I've gotten a new Nora book to read. Maybe it's better this way. I just read The Host by Stephanie Meyers and am thinking of re-reading it. I really and truly enjoyed it.

Shame on the lottery, I was hoping one of us could have won!

dancer86442 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Emma,

No, it was more then just same story/ different character/different town. It was page after page of Peat/repeat. It was like Steele couldn't go More then 1 or 2 pages w/out repeating something she had written on a previous page. I haven't been reading as much Roberts, either. My GF told me last Yr about Roberts New books going the same Way. Not sure if it's the Writers or the Editor's or What. It's like 'Oh we don't have enough words for this book/page, so let's repeat this, Let's repeat That.

Stephanie Meyers? OK will find her books in the Library.

My Luck! 2 PPL in our area Won the Big Lotteries, Last Mth!

ENJOY!

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center