Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Tell Republican extremists in the Senate: Stop attacking Medicare
phylisfeinerjohnson posted:
40 Republican extremists in the Senate voted to end Medicare as we know it.

In doing so, they once again showed a willingness to callously rip apart the social safety net and throw seniors under the bus rather than ask corporations or the ultra rich to pay their fair share.

It's appalling. And it's also incredibly unpopular.

After House Republicans voted to end Medicare, there was a tremendous uproar from their constituents. And the ensuing firestorm of criticism helped push the Republicans back on their heels and put them on the defensive.

If we can do this again, we can help take Medicare off the table as a bargaining chip in the debt ceiling and 2012 budget fights.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW AND SIGN THE PETITION TODAY!
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/senate_medicare/?r_by=21549-2323901-pa9aXax&rc=mailto2

Phylis Feiner Johnson
www.epilepsytalk.com

anthonybrownii responded:
I have posted to be a friend on EFA facebook page

CureEpilepsy responded:
OBAMACARE WILL CUT MEDICARE OVER $600 MILLION THE FIRST FIVE YEARS, where were you when that was being voted on? People like you need to learn the facts and not just throw out the scare tactics. Medicare is going broke there needs to be changes made due to the numbers of baby boomers that will soon be reaching the Medicare age. Why are you doing this on this board, i came here for answers to Epilepsy questions not political rhetoric. Go listen to your MSNBC and CNN shows or get an education by learning the facts. Socialized healthcare like Obamacare will ruin our healthcare system, the governmment needs to stay out of the healthcare business. Lookout rationing will come with Obamamcare how else will the Dems cover all those new people added to the Medicaid rolls. Healthcare is not free unless you are willing to work for free. Get off the board!
You scare me, learn the facts instead of blowing the same old talking points.
I just want to cure for Epilepsy now, with Obamacare that will never happen.

dancer86442 replied to CureEpilepsy's response:
Cure Epilepsy,

Maybe you should visit Phylis' site & read some of her Articles B4 blasting her. I Am one of the Baby Boomers & even though I dislike Politics, any Health Care info (political or medical) is important for All of us! But, Politics is a Big can of Worms & Everyone has a Rite to their own opinion about what's important.

Your previous Post you said you came here for Answers, yet, I still haven't seen you post any Questions! So, how about 'Let's Talk' about Epilepsy, instead of slamming a 'Good' person about their Topic!

Love Candi

dancer86442 replied to dancer86442's response:
BTW: My policy here in Epland is to: AGREE TO DISAGREE! So, if you don't Agree w/ the Topic, at least, Be Nice!

saxofone1 responded:
Thanks for the info, Phylis.

I have signed the petition and will alert other friends about.

Thanks for staying on the alert about all that concerns us.

angie

CureEpilepsy responded:
Sorry if I ofended some of you, I was angry when I posted that "angry" post. I just stumbled on the site the other night for the first time, I normally visit the Epilepsy Foundation site or epilpesy.com. My son is currently having over 100 seizures per day and no med is working I came to find out about epilepsy. But Phylis has posted the same message on the Epilepsy Foundation website and I can tell she is just trying to scare people and has a political agenda. Only if she truely cared about health issues she would know that Obamacare is even more threatening to our health care system, Obamacare is very unpopular and it hasn't even taken effect yet, that will happen in 2014(after the next election).
My son's seizures are very difficult of control and he has been hospitalized many times due to the severity of his seizures.Obamacare scares me more than anything because now we call his Doctor and tell him we need to get to the hospital under Obamacare I will have to call a Government worker. I live in the Washington D.C. area I see how the Federal Gov. works daily, I see this garbage all the time.
If you lived in my shoes with my son' serious seizure disorder you might be angry too, his life is hell right now and so is our entire family. We have lived withEpilepsy for 11 years and researching how countries with socialized medicine give inferior care to Epilepsy patients makes me very nervous for the my son's future as it should make all of you nervous.I care about Epilepsy and am very knowlegeable and very passionate on the topic. I was shocked to see Phylis here saying the same crap on this site, if she would find out the facts on Obamacare she might really blow a gasket!

dancer86442 replied to CureEpilepsy's response:
Hello,

I can understand your worries. I can understand your Anger. And we are not offended. You just need to 'Agree to Disagree'. Please! Cuz, I truly would like to focus More on your son & what you want to learn & have learned. And I want to be able to support you as his caretaker.

Hon, Phylis' Views are her own. Same as Yours. But, she does post More than just Political News. She has written other Very Impressive Articles about Ep & related subjects. She is an Advocate of Epilepsy. Same as You! And she too wants to Learn & wants to share what she has Learned.

Please, Start a New Post & tell me more about you & your son. I've been doing My 'homework' for over 15 YRs. So, we can compare notes. Know I care. HUGS! For You & Yours!

Love Candi

anthonybrownii replied to CureEpilepsy's response:
The truth is The new healtcare law has helped many students and others. I feel if the Iraq war would've payed for itself as I was told by the former resident of the White House then maybe we could've saved this deficit from being Holiburton's bank roll. I feel the tax laws need to be changed to where there isn't a cutoff on contribution to SSI and Medicare then we will restore that which we paid into if the fellons of Wall Street loss everything as those who make up the employees they laidoff for Bonus's then there would be agreeability on equal sacrafice that many say we need. I have been having sz's for 40 yr's and tried all meds prescribed so if you want understanding onsz's we can talk.

galivantstom responded:
Its amazing how many voters with epilepsy, diabetes, and other chronic health problems still voted yhose who bloc voted against the very legislation guaranteed them access to affordable health care with no one being excluded. How quickly we forget.

Go figure.

galivantstom replied to CureEpilepsy's response:
Right off the bat, you need to know that there is no such thing as Obama Care. There is something that is called the Affordable Health Care Act. With the urging and support of President Obama congress crafted and passed the health care legislation that was simply signed into law by President Obama. He didn't write the legislation, congress itself wrote it and passed it. Enough political science for now. Lets get down to brass tacks.

While on the surface Medicare dollars are being cut in the health care reform legislation that in fact is not the case. When you cut through the rhetoric, you will find that these so called cuts are actually a part of the overall reform package and as such apply to all, not just seniors and are included through those funds as opposed to Medicare. Those funds have just been moved from one pot to another. The elimination of services just a myth. What Medicaare recipients need to fear the budget of Conressman Ryan and his supporters. That is where slashing Medicare is very real.

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center