Brain Food for Your Health?
phylisfeinerjohnson posted:
Please understand, I am NOT saying that these supplements will cure, treat or prevent epilepsy — but I am saying that we folks with epilepsy have to do everything we can for our brain health. And these supplements can help a lot with that. In fact, the nutrients they contain are so important for your brain cells, you really should seriously consider them. That's how strongly I feel. And the science backs me up.
B Complex Vitamins — are, without a question, the star. In sufficient quantities, especially those that combine B6, B12, folic acid, thiamine and biotin, are vital to the production of numerous brain chemicals. Like the neurotransmitters which serve as the chemical message bearers between your nervous system and brain. The most efficient way to make use of this "brain food," is to take it in a B complex form, since this contains all the vitamins in the B group. And when combined, they work synergistically together.
Take a single B-50 B complex tablet twice a day with food. Each dose should contain 50 micrograms of vitamin B12 and biotin, 400 micrograms of folic acid, and 50 milligrams each of all the other B vitamins.
(If you feel stressed, you'll probably do best with a higher intake of a B complex. A daily dosage of 100-200mg. may be required, split into doses 2 or 3 times a day. Take this extra dose for a short time until you find that you are fairly relaxed, and then cut down the amount.)
Quality vitamins and minerals can be supplemented with any of the nutrients listed. Some of them are already included in your B complex. Take a look at the list and weight the benefits before deciding on further supplements?

To see the full list of supplements, click on: http://epilepsytalk.com/2011/06/21/brain-food-for-your-health%e2%80%a6/

Phylis Feiner Johnson
www.epilepsytalk.com

dancer86442 responded:
Good Morning Phylis (or afternoon? :) )

I just finished reading the article on your site. I appreciate you posting this for us. :) Good work! As usual. ;)

HUGS Love Candi