Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
seizure and pt thinks they are 15 years younger than they are during the recovery phase
fisherman5197561 posted:
my friend thinks she is 16 years old when she has a seizure, she is 31. What is this called? She has been diagnosed with psychogenic NES I was a paramedic for 5 years but have been out of the game for a few years and have lost some of my knowledge. She is on medication and is taking it normally.

dancer86442 responded:
Hi fisherman,

Thank You for Wanting & Taking Time to Learn More for your Friend.

Here is 1 of my links for PNES.

http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/about/types/types/nonepileptic/index.cfm

Do you know if she is getting counseling, too? Please watch this post. I have emailed a Previous Member & hope to hear more from her today. she Used to have Good Info/Advice on PNES. Search 'Weblinks for Epilepsy'; under Discussions for More links to sites W/ Info. The More you read, the More you Learn.

If she is Still experiencing 'episodes' it may be time for an increase in dose or change of DR/med. Please, talk w/ her about it. Let her know she Isn't alone. Some PPL w/ Epilepsy have PNES, too. And, as said on the site, it is hard for Drs & Trained Personnel to know/note the difference.

Keep Learning! Keep asking Questions.Knowledge is Power! And God Bless You for being Supportive of your Friend. HUGS!

Love Candi

tncabell replied to dancer86442's response:
I always get my age wrong when the EMTs ask me my age after a seizure. my husband has to tell me. i get my DOB right, but not the number. and with the short term memory loss from the seizures sometimes i forget my age...

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center