Continuing the count!
epilepticmom posted:
Just wanted to share that today is 7 months since my last seizure. This is the longest I have ever gone. I will have to say that surgery in April was worth it. As always, I love being part of this HERO website, thank you ALL!!!!

clarinet2 responded:
Congratulations! I am only two months away from my 10th anniversary of being seizure free since my surgery! It feels wonderful to read stories from others who are also celebrating!

saxofone1 responded:
Way to go!!! Sounds like you're on your way to positive results. I'm glad to hear that we have been helpful to you.

I'm moving on towards it being 10 yrs since my lobectomy(4/02). It feels like it was just a few yrs ago. 90-95% gone.

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Please give your "personal bodyguard" a hug.

angie

hawiian_girl_73 responded:
congrats!!!

I can never magace a month without having one. I have a VNS implant that has decreased my sz count to 2-3 a month aft er having 10-12 a day almost every day.

adain confgrats and I wish you all the best in what you do now t hat your surgery is done and over with and that you DO go sz free for the rest of your liffe and can live with out them interrtteing in your life all the time.

GOOD LUCK, I am very happy for you!

Nancy

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Mom,

WHOOOHOOO! Aiming for 1 Yr! It's looking good. Not to burst your bubble, but, I read a new article on medicalnewstoday.com.
Epilepsy surgery keeps half of patients seizure for at least 10 yrs.

I do hope you & all our family who have had surgery stay in the top 50. Faith!

Love Candi

dancer86442 replied to clarinet2's response:
Read this. Dana, seems the 'odds' are in your favor. Congrats & continued seizure free days.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/236085.php

clarinet2 replied to dancer86442's response:
Candi,
Thanks for the link. I have very possitive about this length of time going seizure free, but I will not get my hopes up too high. It seems as though the surgery controlled one type of seizure from one part of the brain and the two medications I am on are controlling the seizures that were coming from the sides that could not be operated on.

Even if a seizure did happen the 1st thing I would do is give up the car keys. I refuse to drive if a seizure happened because I do not want to harm another human being.

Because I never learned to drive until I was 40, I learned how to adapt my life without a vehicle and saved alot of money.

Dana

dancer86442 replied to clarinet2's response:
Hi Dana,

I dislike driving! I don't mind if others' want the wheel. I have drove off & on over the yrs. Was Lousy at Directions. Brothers showed me the Shortest Route to work & back. But, yeah, I Quit when seizures started. Waited 1 yr, after control. Limited myself to back roads & nothing further than 15-20 miles. But, 2? yrs ago, noticed 'lost time' episodes. Told Hubby, That's It! No More Driving! I did have to 'fetch' him when his bike broke down last mth. Only a Few blocks away. Everyone was in Awe??? Strange reaction, huh? But the 'lost time' episodes haven't occurred this yr, yet. Taking it One Day at a Time. As always.

Yep, saving on Gas, vehicle maintenance, insurance is a Bonus! And I feel safer riding shotgun. I Always make sure my door is Locked & seat belt On.

You have a good Evening. Lots of Hugs!

Love Candi