Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
phylisfeinerjohnson posted:
All of us have dreams. Some become reality and some stay in our imaginations.

For me, writing was my "dream". And it became a reality when I discovered a way I could write without starving.

Not with photography. Although I was enthusiastic about it (and pretty good I even taught 5th graders, which was a blast), I knew I'd never be a Brassai or Ansel Adams.

Third, there was the dream of becoming a ballerina. No competition for Margot Fonteyn, because when I twirled and swirled, the result was not pretty passed out on the floor. (I had epilepsy, but that didn't diminish my dream.)

How about you? What have you dreamed - or achieved - beyond your wildest dreams?

Phylis Feiner Johnson
www.epilepsytalk.com

dancer86442 responded:
I wanted to be a Counselor for men & women returning from War. I joined the Air Force, so I could go to school & educate myself, but, my plans were shattered by seizures & medications.

But, once I found WebMD & other support groups, a part of my Dream was realized. I am not a Professional & don't get Paid for my Input. But, by educating myself about Epilepsy I have been able to counsel &/or advise Lots of PPL. So, in a sense, my Dream was Realized.

hootyowl2 responded:
I would enjoy working at a paying writing job. I have had a few small things published. I have lost the beginnings of several manuscripts in my old computer when the hard drive on it died... When I re begin them, I will have to make hard copies in addition to my computer notes.

I have taught myself to play piano and organ, and am the pianist/organist for my church.

I dabble in so many things that I do not get much done in any thing I try to do though.

Hooty

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center