Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
phylisfeinerjohnson posted:
All of us have dreams. Some become reality and some stay in our imaginations.

For me, writing was my "dream". And it became a reality when I discovered a way I could write without starving.

Not with photography. Although I was enthusiastic about it (and pretty good, I even taught 5th graders, which was a blast), I knew I'd never be a Brassai or Ansel Adams.

Third, there was the dream of becoming a ballerina. No competition for Margot Fonteyn, because when I twirled and swirled, the result was not pretty, passed out on the floor. (I had epilepsy, but that didn't diminish my dream)

How about you? What have you dreamed or achieved beyond your wildest dreams?

Phylis Feiner Johnson
www.epilepsytalk.com

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Phylis, I hope you are having a Good Day.

My Dream was to become a Counselor/psych. Epilepsy & Ignorance Interfered w/ that Dream. Then I found WebMD & Epland has helped me Realize my Dream. Even if I ain't a Pro. At least I can make a Difference.
Your Writing? Well, I would say. You Succeeded! I really enjoy reading your articles. The time and Effort you put into each article Shows and is Amazing to me. Keep up the Good Work. HUGS!

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Phylis and Candi,

I was always a good writer. In first grade, I was writing short stories. In high school, I was on the school paper. I was later editor for one of my college magazines.

Journalism was an early major for me when I first started college. People loved the way I was able to use words and tell stories.

When I saw the darker side of journalism(interviews at times of tragedy, gossip, et,), it no longer felt write.

If I could go straight into feature writing, editing, layouts, I probably would have stayed with it.

However, I did find my right place when I started volunteering with a local elementary school(one that I attended) when I took a medical leave from college.

My friends (and one of my college professors) know my love for writing and encourage me to continue. I have a log of the pieces of prose or poetry that I have written over the last thirty yrs.

I don't plan to become a David Frost or Maya Angelou, but I will always be a writer, as well as a teacher. Something I enjoy that helps me express my feelings and thoughts.

angie

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center