Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
feelings were hurt
hula_dancer73 posted:

In the last several days I have been had a few things happen that shall remain unsaid or done.

I am NOT a neagative person.
I am heaer to help NOT scare people.
Ihave had 6 classes in drugs, wasan EMT for a year, a medic for 5 years and was in the ER for 7 and heard saw and saw more. just when you thing you have seen everyting more comes thru the doors.

i had a good repoir with the docs and also took the 4 year RN courses to become just thata. it was both hard work and taxing and lot of late nights as well along side of the medic classes at thesame time.

I had to be very caring and compassionate to have that job.

hula_dancer

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
hula,

I'm sorry your feelings have been hurt. I really appreciate your contributions here - the community is a better place because of you!

Thank you for sharing your feelings and your expertise.

Haylen

hula_dancer73 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
haylen,

I am not going anywhere. I am s till sticking around.

hula_dancer

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Good!!!!

Have a great Monday and (((hugs))) to you from the mainland

H

clarinet2 responded:
Hula, sorry if any of us hurt your feelings no one was trying to do that at all. Everyone has a right to his or her opinion and I am truly sorry if I offended you at all.

Basically the situation is this: we were only trying to give you some advice to help you out when coming in contact with other people who may be completely new to this sight and have no idea about all of the information that we have discussed.

There are many discussions on this entire sight that I wanted to respond to, but after thinking about it I realized that my opinion really had nothing to do with the topic or it would not benefit the person who started the discussion.

There have been many discussions that I disagree with, but before I responded too quickly I realized that it was not worth the effort to respond.

It took me over one hour to decide if I should respond to your discussion or not. Take some of the advice not so personally and in the end it will be a great benefit to you.

That is something I have learned over the years because I myself am very sensitive and my feeling become hurt easily. After a friend took me aside and told me to move forward and let the comments go, but use the advice in a logical way to help anyway possible in the future.

saxofone1 replied to clarinet2's response:
Well said, Dana.

Hula, no one is trying to intentionally hurt you. If anything that I have posted has offended you, I do apologize.

I don't know what posts you are specifically talking about. In many of your posts, you are quick to negate the some things that might be useful to others because it has been a bad experience for yourself.

Your frustrations about poor outcomes are totally understood by us. We all have had them.

Some of us are probably concerned that you might be unintentionally causing fear to indis who are new to living with ep when you downgrade some possibel choices.

This site is to give support and provide answers/pathways to each other. Your input is appreciated.

Clarinet contacted me about your hurt feelings. All the participants of this site have a long-distance care/concern for each other.

Have a good day. Hope you're feeling better.

angie

clarinet2 replied to saxofone1's response:
Angie,
Thank you for the response because your words of advice are very poetic and right to the point. I wish I could write my feelings as well as you can!

I guess being a bookworm and teacher has helped you!

Thank you for being a friend!

hula_dancer73 responded:
hi dana abd angie

I just want to thank you for getting some semce into my head and told me to move on. Which I did.

I just want to leave this alone now and let iot go but I just wanted to s ay thanks

Nancy

saxofone1 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Hi Hula,

You are welcome. Friends are always honest and helpful to each other. Matter is closed. Let's continue to move forward.

Your mainland friends,

dana and angie

saxofone1 replied to saxofone1's response:
One more thing, nancy,

Thank you for understanding what we were trying to say.

Have a good nite and a wonderful tomorrow,

angie

hula_dancer73 replied to saxofone1's response:
hi angie,

DId I tell you or not that I now have a sz dog. Her name is Skye and she is a 2 year old Border Collie from Maui.

They did some training with me and her over there but then could NOT keep going back and froth. Maui is not next door and I just could not afford it.

So Hounds for HI shipped her over here to Oahu, and we are still in the end process of the end training, but I can have her at home with me and all that jazz. Istill have to go trhu it with her to make she sure she is right for ma and it is working out just greate

I have one more month of training and then she is completely mine. We work very well togeher and it was a good match from teh start.

Jasyn and I found a mutt with no chip or ID of anykind on her.

IT was wander ing a friend's yard and she took it in for a week, and then called my RN friend if she wanted a nopther dog when she already had 2 and she said no but I nknow who does.

So she broght her to me 2 days ago.

has no name that we know of and living in Honululu we have named her Lulu.

she is still a puppy but fun to play with.

Nancy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
So now you have 2 dogs. WHOOHOO! I hope Lulu is 'seizure smart' too. Still a Puppy, but, time will tell. She can still be taught to Respond, even if she don't have the sense thing. So, use what you have learned & start training her Now. HUGS!

saxofone1 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
HI Nancy,

I'm so glad that you're still around.

I've had a busy week. Running here and there before the day's heat comes can be tiring.

That's great about the dog. I hope the connection you have with it cont to be positive.

Lulu sounds like a fun name.

Take care and thanks again for hanging around.

angie

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center