Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
sz dog
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi everyone.

I had just gotten my service dog for epilepsy and she ws hit by a car this past wekend. I had just gotten her 2 weeks ago adn she was great to me.

I do not think I will be t raining with one again.

Meanwhile: somone in my church found dog wandering teh streets and took it in for 2 weeks and put up stuff on poles amd took the dog with her to all the houses in her neighborhood and no one clained it so they asked some goof friends if they would want a 3rd dog and they said no but that they knewsomone who needed one.

We went to the vet and he looked at her teeth and said she is about 3 months old. We named her Lulu. She was abused and and we think her owners through her out and she had to fend for herselff for who knows how long so she is a llittle agressive but when she findsshe issafe with us I tink that will go away. She is a terrier mix mighth avesome Lhasa Apso in her.

we are tryying toteo teacher some manners ecause she does not have them yet.

IT eill be a real challenge since is doesn't have any. Right now we are teafhing her not to beg at the table. Thta is a real challenge. We have to teach her the usual commmands becasye she does not know them yet.

hula_dancer

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! (((hugs))) to you. Did you find a service dog helpful?

Lulu sounds like a sweet pup! Training a new dog is hard work - best of luck and keep us updated.

hootyowl2 responded:
I am so sorry about your service dog. Glad you have Lulu, she may turn out to be a great service dog once she learns the ropes at your house.

I recently got a 4th dog, and she is still learning the ropes here. We are working on house training and manners! Her name is Chloe.

love,

Hooty

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center