Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Medical Devices that can Kill! VNS?? A Must Read!
dancer86442 posted:
http://newamerica.net/publications/articles/2010/medical_devices_that_can_kill_35911

This article discusses a problem w/ the VNS. But, suggests there are Other Devices just as Likely to Kill a Person. But, the Stats on the VNS were Startling. Nancy, You be sure them DRS of yours are keeping a Close Eye on your Heart!

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 responded:
they are wathcing me, do not worry!

They know it can be bad but for me I had to ahve it or die form the EP.

hula_girl

hula_dancer73 responded:
HI Candi.

ME again.

I talked to the VNS rep back in PHX and he said that this is noy tr us. VNSs area never defective and can not kill somone no matter how clsoe to the heat it is. HE said most of the time is is implanted where the pademaker is implanted and is no where near the heart.

I also called my neuro and he said basically the same thing only he said it was"mish-mash" and he did not believe it either. he said if it was going to kill me it would have happened long ago. I am still alive to talk about it and I do not believe it either. Soory for the dis agreement.

hula_dancer

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center