Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Hey Ya'll
An_246078 posted:
Good day,
People;

I am happy to inform the community that a change of diet has helped my daughter for now. We didn't do the medicines as of yet and she seems to be ok. I still have her sleeping in my bed watching her because her type of seizure happen when she is sleeping. I am still waiting on the numbers for her levels of hormones that were in her system because the doctor said it was high. We have to wait until we get her last report due sometime this summer. My daughter's insurance company is taking along time to approve her some drug to stop or slow down her precocious puberty, but I don't thinks she will take that drug either. I am happy with her not being ill or falling into seizures so that was my concern. For now she is GREAT (thank God) and we are happy.

thinking too much

dancer86442 responded:
Hi An_246078,

That is really Great News! Thank You for sharing this! Do you know which Diet she is on? How long has she been on it?

Mom, she really needs her Own bed. How about a baby monitor w/ video/sound in her room to alert you? Are you afraid you wouldn't hear her? As a Mom, I know 'Mom's instinct' should 'kick in' at any unusual noises.

Keep up w/ her Diet. Keep educating yourself & her about Seizure disorders/Epilepsy. Hormones & seizures have been an issue in my family, too. But, my Sis is the only one who went w/ Diet. Modified Atkins Diet. Due to being Diabetic, too. Then, later, doc added progesterone. That did the trick. No more Nocturnal seizures for her, too.

Hugs to you & your daughter. Keep us posted. Know I care!

Love Candi

BlazingTiger responded:
I am glad to hear the good news. All you can do now is do what you are doing. Keep us posted.

Jason

saxofone1 responded:
Hi An_....,

that's great news about the young lady.

I agree with candi about her sleeping alone(w/baby monitor nearby). This might help her learn how to live with the seizures much sooner. Trust her to let you know and she will begin to trust herself. My mom drove me crazy when all this began. Though her concern was justified it was sometimes too much for me. Being alone is not always lonely.

Hope she(and you) continue to do well. Have a good day.

angie

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
So glad to hear this! Thank you for sharing and please keep us in the loop.

Haylen

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center