Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
rant
hula_dancer73 posted:
about 4 years ago, I was an onlne friend to someone who had a 13 yr old at that point in time.

We were all good and her son wuld call me and ask queations about EP. His mom let him do it because it was in question for her as well.

THey lived in Idaho and had t rouble gettin and finding a neruo so they finally took my suggestion and went to Tahcoma WA the clost sity out of wherer hety lived. after I augeestied it they ran tests on jason EEGs and more to find out if he did indeed have EP.

Turned out he did.

This is hte part that made me mad.

After about a month later she calledm e and and was poking fun if me about m y EP and and said we arestill frieds aren't we and repea ted her self and I said if you have to ask me what have y ou done?

Tjen she told me something things aobut MY EP and started to think it was funny all of a sudden nad jabbing and poking etc,

SO I told her we are not longer friends. DON't you EVER say anything to me aobut the same disorder that your son has. It is not funny, it is not a joke, it is not nice, iit is not right etc. Becuase of me he got diagnosed. You asking me all those wuestions and calling me l ong distance whe nI was in NC was wrong.

You used me and abused me until he finally got the dx. DON'T EVER do that to me again. you used me t oget info isntead of asking your doc ahnd once he got the dx you st opped and fell on the ear th. It also hutr becuasae at that time I had 2 kids who both had it. When Brittni died she thought that was sorta funny for some reason do not know why, but THAT hurt ALOT!

I Do not know why she turned on me after her son finally gotthe dx of EP. I have always wonderd that.

She had knwo right to say what soe he or do what she did while I was on vacation with my family.

IT still makes me mad till this day. That part that really makes mme mad is the part where she thought my ep was funny when her son had the same dx.

how can somone do that to another person?!

It is just disgusting!! I took her out of my address book and have never heard from her again after the jabbing and poking and thinking it was all funny.

UGHH!!

I do NOT know why I am bringing this up now rather than when it occureed becuase I was here then.

Sorry!

hula_dancer

BlazingTiger responded:
Hula_dancer,
I am very sorry that this happened to you. She had no reason to treat you in that manner. It was very cold & callus. I more than likely would have done the same thing you did. I am glad you got it off of your chest. In my opinion you did the right thing. No need to apologize for it in my opinion. It was bothering you. you needed to get off your chest.

Jason

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
RANT AWAY!

Completely inappropriate and just plain mean - especially after all of the support and information you provided as a friend.

Sending ((((hugs)))) your way!

H

hootyowl2 responded:
Hula dancer,

Sorry she treated you so mean. Some people are like that. Thankfully, not everyone is like that. I have met some great people online and made some very good friends whom I treasure. There have also been a few jerks.

A friend of mine was raised in an abusive family, and her mother always treated her like a leper [worse actually> because she was diabetic and has EP. Apparently, in the old days people were very ignorant --many still are-- and thought things like Epilepsy and Diabetes were contagious and self inflicted. Her family still abuses her, but she will never get herself out of it, nor see that she should. She is in her 70s now, and her kids are just hanging around hoping she will die. Maybe your former friend was in a similar situation and taught to think that way? I wonder how she treats her son who now has EP.

Hooty

hula_dancer73 replied to hootyowl2's response:
don't know hooty,

I think she used me and abused me until she got what she wanted, then fell off the earth.

It was not until '71 that they released all the epileptics from the mental places and left them to run the s t reets with OUT meds. They went to shelter or hal-fway houses or group homes but did not want togo by their rules so they either left on their own or got ousted, but thta was the only way for them t oget their meds. Don't go by the rules then no meds.

That still happens to day. Go and hand around Honolulu where I live and they are all over the beaches ane near the beaches calling it home. UNMEDICATED all becuase they don not want to go by the rules of where htey WERE staying.

Man, I would stay weherever i could just so I COULD get meds and go by rules then woi owuld feel better than running the streets unmedicated having szs where people can see them becuase they are to stubborn to get help.

TH honolulu cops even try to help them get back ionto places and get them off the beachs and streets/board walks along that area.

hula_dancer

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center