Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
dose anyone know is stress can cause seizures in a 5year old
sezures posted:
months ago my son had a seizure. he was complaining of a stomach for a few months before this seizure. now he has started complaining of a stomach again. i an scared that this is going to happen again i don't know of this is stress related or if it has to do with somethig else. please help if you may have an idea.

hula_dancer73 responded:
yes stress can cause szs. IT is a trigger along with mamy other things. But thatit like the 3 one for triggerrs.

Stress causes szs in me.

So does menses, missed meds, stress, lack of sleep, illness with or without fevers, and so on.

He is different than everyone else adn no os thesame with what meay trieggers them but stress does definatly cause szs.

I would take the kid to see a neruo and get it fingered out.

you mentioned that he only has one sz. On one does not mean epilepsy. 2 or more szs=ep. Talk to Candi about that she can tell you alot more than I can.

good luck.

hula_dancer.

VNS Rep
Honolulu-Hawi'i

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center