Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    hula_dancer73 posted:
    hi all,

    I goofed up teh first time so I am doind it over again.

    I got the results of the 2 EEGs back today and they were normal for the first time in my life. WHich means I am responding to my meds finally.

    You already know about the maxed out Vimpat and Lamictal and the really low dose of Klonopin.

    I have one more doc today for a f/u on my jaw surgery and then I leave for Hi.

    kittyqqq responded:
    I am very happy for you about your eegs! it must suck not having a normal one ever. and im glad you saw your jaw surgery doc. take care
    hula_dancer73 replied to kittyqqq's response:
    he switched tye timing around with the Vimpat from every 12 hrs to 8 am, noon, 4 pm and 8 pm.

    Seems to have been w roking and am now responding to my meds, or t least for now.

    saxofone1 responded:
    Hey hula,

    Your eegs were clear of any suspicious/unusual activity, GREAT!!!! I tend not to use the word "normal". Society excludes all of us with long-term medical situations from the "norm". I think you know what I'm saying.

    Anyway, congrats on the clean report. Have a good dr's appt today. Wish you a safe journey back to the island's.

    hula_dancer73 replied to saxofone1's response:
    hi angie,

    I made it back safely. I wanted to reply to you but have been busy again.

    I had a good appt with that doc and my face is still VERY swollen and a hard knot all along the ear area and just in front of it where the stitches were.

    I had 25 stitches on the oustide and more than a hundred on the insde as he had to put stiches in 4 layers of skin.

    Sorry about the midtakes I had a sz last night.

    My brain gets all scrambled the day or so after. That is NOT post-ictal, just plain messed up.

    my post-ictal time can be anyweher from 10 minutes to 30 minutes due to the VNS shortening the time up, but still dazed and confused. Just come to faster.

    upper 80s here in Honolulu. How about your weather now. I know that you said it was doing some reacord breaking things the last time I talked to you.

    well I better get moving just thought i would let you know i made it back okay.


    Helpful Tips

    Make sure no changes are made to your medications…
    This letter has been created by the Epilepsy Foundation to make explicitly sure that no substitutions are made to your prescription without ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center