Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
EEGs
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi all,

I goofed up teh first time so I am doind it over again.

I got the results of the 2 EEGs back today and they were normal for the first time in my life. WHich means I am responding to my meds finally.

You already know about the maxed out Vimpat and Lamictal and the really low dose of Klonopin.

I have one more doc today for a f/u on my jaw surgery and then I leave for Hi.

hula_dancer

kittyqqq responded:
I am very happy for you about your eegs! it must suck not having a normal one ever. and im glad you saw your jaw surgery doc. take care

hula_dancer73 replied to kittyqqq's response:
he switched tye timing around with the Vimpat from every 12 hrs to 8 am, noon, 4 pm and 8 pm.

Seems to have been w roking and am now responding to my meds, or t least for now.

hula_dancer

saxofone1 responded:
Hey hula,

Your eegs were clear of any suspicious/unusual activity, GREAT!!!! I tend not to use the word "normal". Society excludes all of us with long-term medical situations from the "norm". I think you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, congrats on the clean report. Have a good dr's appt today. Wish you a safe journey back to the island's.

angie

hula_dancer73 replied to saxofone1's response:
hi angie,

I made it back safely. I wanted to reply to you but have been busy again.

I had a good appt with that doc and my face is still VERY swollen and a hard knot all along the ear area and just in front of it where the stitches were.

I had 25 stitches on the oustide and more than a hundred on the insde as he had to put stiches in 4 layers of skin.

Sorry about the midtakes I had a sz last night.

My brain gets all scrambled the day or so after. That is NOT post-ictal, just plain messed up.

my post-ictal time can be anyweher from 10 minutes to 30 minutes due to the VNS shortening the time up, but still dazed and confused. Just come to faster.

upper 80s here in Honolulu. How about your weather now. I know that you said it was doing some reacord breaking things the last time I talked to you.

well I better get moving just thought i would let you know i made it back okay.

hula_dancer

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center