Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Could I be having Seizures again?
jkelly08 posted:
a little background info first: when I was born I quit breathing and had a stroke, an inutero stroke to be exact the left side of my brain is said to be dead the only current problem I have from that is little to no feeling in my right arm, but I can and DO use it, its just bothers me from time to time: It has been more than 15 years since my last confirmed seizure....lately I have been noticing that people can talk to me and I dont hear them, when I am stressed out at night right when I get into that relaxed ready to fall asleep feeling I have a huge "muscle spasm" it feels like I am being lifted off the bed completely out of my control(doesn't last more than 2 seconds max and I am completely aware of it happening just cant stop it), and I am also having nerves in my left arm (about 1in down from where they would draw blood) twitching, the nerve right my shoulder meets my left arm twitches, and occasionally the nerve in my left eye, I am also currently 15 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child only meds I take are prenatal and they are the same ones I have taken my 2 previous pregnancy's.

dancer86442 responded:
Hello jkelly08,

I would Worry about the moments you can't hear people. These could be Simple Partials AKA absence seizures. Others' have complained about muscle spasms, twitches, also. But, no one has ever reported back about what their Neuro had to say about it. I wonder if you mite be Low on some nutrients. Lack of or Low Levels of Magnesium can cause similar reactions. Another possibility is Chiropractic related. Chek our Resources for upcspine.com (???? I may have misspelled the site, but, it's listed. ) & learn more.

In the meantime, please, start keeping a Journal. Everything you need to include is under Journal in our Tips.

Let us know how you are doing. Know that "You aren't Alone" Hugs!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center